Students Serving Others
The students at Grand Island Central Catholic have
Specifications per grade level are:
- 6th & 7th Graders - Recorded but not required
- 8th Graders - 5 Service Hours
- 9th Graders - 10 Service Hours (3-Community, 3-School, and 4-Church)
- 10th Graders - 15 Service Hours (5-Community, 5-School, 5-Church)
- 11th Graders - 20 Service Hours (6-Community, 6-School, 8-Church)
- 12th Graders - 30 Service Hours (10-Community, 10-School, 10-Church)
Service Day Video 2018
April 30 was our all-school service day when students and staff made an impact at multiple communities, church, and school locations.
Literacy Council Tutoring
Just like the Literacy Council’s motto: Teaching People Transforming Lives; our students are proud to provide help that will enable our neighbors to be successful in our community by learning, growing, and understanding new language skills.
Tracy Noble, one of the Literacy Council board of directors, said of the GICC students, “I am seeing some amazing things happen, and I feel strongly about this program. Both Literacy Council students and GICC students should be commended. The GICC students are much more engaging, I hear laughter, and I see persistence from both sides as well. I feel everyone is opening their hearts a bit more each time.